Voting

Thursday, January 22, 2009

You want fries with that?

I have a hard time being vulnerable on this blog, most of the time I just reveal humorous anecdotes from our funny children or relate events like a family newscaster. However, I decided that when I look back on this in 10 years or so I don't only want to remember the goofy things that happen around here, I want to look back and see how God moved in our lives...in good and bad times.

Don't worry, I'm not going to turn my little blog into a melancholy journal of droll ramblings. I like to laugh too much.

It turns out that Joe is needing to find a new job. Without too much detail, I'll just say that the working remotely thing is not working out anymore so he will be moving on. Moving on to WHAT? you might ask. Yeah, well, we ask that too. The last time Joe was let go was 6 years ago, and we had sold our home in Mesa the day before. We were in the process of buying our home in Chandler. I'm pretty sure we gave our mortgage broker indigestion that day! Well, that was a Tuesday and on Thursday he received a call out of the blue (hadn't yet had an opportunity to even spruce up his resume) with a job offer. This friend didn't even know Joe was going to be needing a job imminently! It was amazing... one of those "you know it was a God thing" things. Well, we are in need of a similar miracle. My salary allows our kids to attend private school, but not eat. :)

Joe went out yesterday to "beat the streets" looking for a senior level design/management position with a civil engineering company. Gee, that's not too specific, is it? :) Well, we don't want to get too excited, but today he got a call from the company he liked the best and they want to have him meet the president of the company on Monday! (he'll be driving in from Boise to meet Joe!) The job is in Kaysville, which would be about a 15 minute drive from our house. Please pray- how amazing would that be for him to get a great job in this market? (about as amazing as our house selling in the tanked AZ housing market...which it did!) We do know that if God wants this to happen, it will!

Thanks in advance for your prayers!!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Just reading this now, a few days later. How did it go?

Patty said...

Curious in WI too. Any news?

Stine said...

Good luck. I hope things worked out for you!

Cherie said...

We will be praying for you guys.