Voting

Monday, August 4, 2008

Blah.

Have you ever been so inundated with transition that even change seems mundane?  I know, it sounds weird, but that seems to be the place I'm in.  As thrilled as I am with all that's happening around me, I'm locked in this strange place of fear and disappointment that I can't quite put my finger on.   To be honest, I think it might be fear of failure.  Will I be a good teacher?  Will I relate to the students (I honestly do love teens, so there's no real fear of them, per se...) and, how will I deal with all the new relationships all at once (as I am in nearly every aspect an introvert...)? Will my new venture cause me to lose ground in parenting my own kids?  I guess there really is wisdom in not borrowing trouble from tomorrow- but that is so much easier said than done! Boy, do I need prayer...if you have some to spare, toss it my way, would you?  Thanks.

4 comments:

sidewalk driver said...

This old friend will pray!
My big girl started school today. It went great. I bet things will be fine for you too.

Tiffani said...

Will do!

Cherie said...

I will be praying for you! A couple of years ago Brad started kindergarten at a new school, Jake started preschool at a separate new school, and we started going to a new church. I would run into someone at the mall and have no clue what their name was or where I knew them from. Change is difficult, but so much fun!

Stine said...

Moving is hard (even if it is to somewhere you are familiar with) and so is starting a new job. I can still remember lots of difficult times my first couple of years here. It takes a while to put down real roots. So remember to take it easy on yourself, you're going through a challenge - expecting that it will all go seamlessly is a completely unrealistic notion. It's all just part of the process.