Voting

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Latest Update and More AI Musings...

First, before I get to anything serious...my take on tonight's American Idol finale.

  • George Michael in Paris Hilton glasses and looking like an old, scruffy throwback from Solid Gold. (all that was missing was fringe on his sleeves). Ew.
  • Bryan Adams sounding the same and not taking himself too seriously (still makes him one of my favorites)
  • David Cook with ZZ Top (the geriatric version...pretty sure they were packing Lasix) though David sounded superb.
  • Some group (can't remember the name) with a guy playing the piano who sang ok. Then David Archuleta joined in and we all quickly realized how little we were enjoying the first guy.
  • David C. wins, and cries. David A. is gracious. Paula says something incoherent. Simon shows off some chest. David C.'s mom shows up on stage as if from nowhere. David C. calls David A. "Archie." It's all good.
Ok, now for the real stuff.

We move out of this house on the 29th. I'm not going to post all the details of our ins and outs, but I will be sending out an email with all of our new contact info and our itinerary. I was going to write more, but I just realized my eyes are only half open. So instead, I'll post some pics of our new house. Enjoy!

My aunt on the front porch.

Looking forward to relaxing on the porch. Never had a real front porch before...also never realized how strange the word "porch" sounds if you say it over and over again...


The view from the backyard. We have .7 acres...we figure Joe will start mowing on Thursday and be done sometime around noon on Saturday. There were 12 horses out when I took this picture. Lindsay is ecstatic, of course. Me, I'll take the mountains. :)

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Ooohhh. I'm getting jealous looking at those pictures. :) Congratulations! Hope it all goes well!

Good memoir title. Glad to know I'm not alone!