Voting

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

What a great day! We dropped the kids off at my mom's and went out to dinner and to Barnes and Noble (predictable, since this is our all-time favorite place for a date). We drank lattes and read, uninterrupted, for nearly two hours. I know, we are complete nerds, but you have no idea how wonderful that sort of thing is to us! :) Joe's first week of work went splendidly, and this was the icing on the cake. I read a book in its entirety on that date, and laughed out loud on several occasions. This is what I read:



It's the true story of a woman who, ironically, lives here in Utah, so all of her references were amazingly relevant to me, despite the 30-year gap in our ages. She has a younger sister who is mentally retarded and all of the trials and humorous things they go through trying to give this lady a quality and dignified life. I wasn't really ever moved to the point of tears, but I laughed a lot, and it was definitely touching. It was about 175 pages, and I read it in an hour and a half, so it's an easy read.

I'm also reading



and it is also funny. At this time in my life, I guess I am really only drawn to the funny books.

I'll post soon about Brad's, Hannah's, Kaylee's and my birthdays. Joe's is next Monday, and then we have a break till October. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: