Voting

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Some forgotten shout-outs

Joe read my blog and wanted to make sure I mentioned some other people who helped out with my party. My in-laws, Bill and Sandy, had a big hand in the decorating, as did my good friends Michael and Joanna. It was all so wonderful...did I mention that? :)

We had our first showing the morning after the house went on the market. The people loved the house, and said the only thing they would change would be the ceilings (in that they are not vaulted). Well, shy of removing entire rooms upstairs, that ain't gonna happen. I felt good about the showing, though. I have a hard time not taking those comments personally. I know when I look at listings, I'm very critical. In other words, I can dish it out but I can't take it. Well, actually, I knew that about myself. :)

Hope y'all have a lovely Valentine's Day. I have Valentines for the loves in my life....my hubby and 5 kids. I wish I had been more creative...the last thing we need is more chocolate after the mass consumption of birthday cake over the last month. C'est la vie.

For Joe's and my first Valentine's Day together, he took me to a restaurant in Phoenix at the top of the Marriott Hotel. Over the course of an hour, the restaurant revolves 360 degrees, revealing the Phoenix skyline, the surrounding desert, and distant city lights. We went at sunset, so you can imagine how wonderful it was. I was hooked...I knew he was a keeper! We went back for our fifth wedding anniversary (this time I was old enough to have a glass of wine) and it was still wonderful. But I think nothing matches the first time you spend a truly romantic evening with the one you love...am I right?

Did I just imply that I think it's all downhill from here? If I did, I didn't mean to. I love being a wife and a mother...and I fall more in love with Joe everyday.

Ok, I'll stop. Stop making gag noises and get back to what you were doing. :)

1 comment:

Stine said...

So have you sold your house? When will you move? I still can't believe you are going back!