Voting

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Winter Fun


Last Sunday we continued with a tradition we started when Lindsay was 4 or so, and we took the kids to see The Nutcracker ballet. When Lindsay was little, it was just the two of us who joined several of our friends for this fun event. Eventually the boys reluctantly joined in (though now they look forward to it- perhaps mostly for the cannon shot and the intermission goodies) and last year I took all 4 older children. This year Joe got dragged along, as I didn't think I wanted to try to manage all 5 kiddos on my own in this setting. Joe spent a lot of time looking at the ceiling and muttered more than once that "men should not wear tights." While I enjoy the Nutcracker very much, I concede him this point. If nothing else, why can't the men's shirts be longer, just so we don't have to see everything? Has no one in wardrobe ever thought of that? Joe can just be thankful he missed the performance last year...let's just say that Nutcracker needed to shed a pound or two...ick.

No comments: