Voting

Monday, September 10, 2007

Treasured Friend




Maddie and Lindsay
June 07









Today I had lunch with my good friend Joey. I call her Joey, but most of the rest of the world calls her Jo. I tried that once, but she's Joey to me. :)

Do you have a person in your life that you swear is your long-lost twin? Joey is that person in my life. We are both very opinionated and we find all the same things humorous, or annoying, or habit-forming, or fabulous...you get the picture. I'd be hard-pressed to find anything we ever really disagreed on, which means when we get to chatting, it can go on for hours. She moved to Fountain Hills several years ago and suddenly it took a lot of effort to trek the 30 minutes to each other's homes, but I'm so glad we do it. And, as you can see from the above picture, our daughters are thankful, too. They look so much alike that we mistake them for one another frequently when we're together. They're in the 4th grade now, and I remember bringing Lindsay to the hospital to meet Maddie when she was born. Time flies, that's for sure.

I'm so thankful that in heaven there are no good-byes. :)

The next step of our journey will be to go up to SLC to visit family, get a better idea of where we'd like to live, check out potential schools and churches, and so on. We'll be gone for two weeks. CR and Amy will be seeing the area for the first time, so I'm excited to show them all my old stomping grounds. The leaves should be changing, so it will be an excellent time to go. Of course, I'm always a little nervous about the drive up there. We have one daughter who deals with carsickness and another who deals with, well, general irritability. I won't name names. :)

Thanks for joining us on this journey. We're glad to have you along.

No comments: